Thursday, August 25, 2011

Safe, Certain, and Permanent

"By the time a child comes to the age of reason home, with all its order, happiness, and beauty, means just one thing to him: certainty.  In this respect home is to him precisely what God is to him, it is safe and certain and permanent, not simply because it is a house with four walls and a roof, but because it is built on the rock of love, his parents' love for God, and for one another, and for him." - Caryll Houselander

My heart.

I do hope I can have an orderly home :)  But, I know there will be NO shortage of love, beauty and happiness, by God's sweet grace and mercy.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'll bet you've noticed already that he relaxing at home. Evie tends to smile and chat as soon as we get home. I love that my kids feel comfortable here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. i stole this for my fbook status!

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete