Saturday, November 5, 2011

Milestones

I thought I would update y'all real quick about what it is this Teeny Valentiny has been up to.  I was just sitting on the couch with him in my lap, scrolling through the internet.  I had a cup next to the computer.  Attila James lifted himself up from the sitting position, leaned himself against the side of the couch, and reached out to grab my glass.  So I gave it to him and he proceeded to try and lift it and put it to his mouth.  TOO BIG!  He wants to grab, grab, grab.  Right now he is rolling around on the floor, trying to get to the computer cords.  Here is a list of new things he does since we've moved:

Roll around to get to places he wants to be, from his back to his belly, from his belly to his back.

On his back or his belly, he reaches for things in his sight and will "shimmy" his way toward them.

Eats solids everyday now.  Cereal once a day mixed with fruit and we just started adding half a container of veggies around dinner.  Somedays he eats more then others.

Yells, quite loud. 

Gets frustrated very easily while trying to maneauver toys/objects.  Gets frustrated when he can't grab what he wants.

Sits up and plays.  He will still fall every now and then, but I've been watching him the past couple of days catch his balance when he's about to fall over. 

Loves to watch himself in the mirror. 

Loves to bang his chubby little hands on every surface, even Momma's flabby belly :)

Wants to holds every utensil, plate, and cup that Mom and Dad use.

Is teething like a maniac.

Loves to be tickled.  Wants to be entertained most of the time and will fuss until someone is sitting near him while he plays. 

Hates being strapped in the car seat.

Loves loves loves to play with Daddy.

Is experiencing seperation anxiety from Momma.

Takes better naps for Daddy then he does for Momma. 

Loves to sleep in in the morning with Dad while Momma goes to work.  As much as I wish I was a full time stay at home Mommy, I love that Attila and James are getting some great time together.  Attila has been gone now for 2 whole days on retreat and I can tell that baby misses him.  It is too sweet.  Yay for amazing Dads!

We've been to the beach a couple of times and James does NOT like being close to the waves.  They scare him :(  But I'm sure in the spring it will be a different story. 

More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment