Saturday, December 17, 2011

A little Disciple

This week has been jam-packed with so much!  First off, in answer to my last post, we have TWO bottom teeth fully visible and totally sharp!  Secondly, we have already been to 4 Christmas parties, with many more to come as we go to South Bend next week.  Crazy. 

At these Christmas parties, two of which were very big parties at our church, I realized what a "little disciple" our Attila James is.  Seriously, could he bring anymore of the Lord's Joy to those around him?  We had a party for our youth group and everytime I came up to a teen/group of teens, James lit up and was so sweet with them.  He would smile and laugh at them and even reach out to touch their faces.  I have found this is his present form of affection.  To reach out and feel all around your face.  Some people, he really loves to grab lips (our friend Nick and Attila).  He loves to grab noses.  Sometimes, he will even lean in and give a baby kiss to people (ya know, mouth wide open, drool all over your cheek)!  And for one friend of ours, he closed his little eyes and nuzzled his forehead against theirs.  It was the cutest thing.  Then when we go shopping, so many people love him!  I'm sure most Moms experience this with their babies.  I love to see people light up when they see our son.  Babies are such blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so many times, as James will sit and babble (or scream, hehe) I love to think to myself that Jesus Christ, GOD HIMSELF, was once like this little boy!  And Mary had the amazing gift to sit and watch in adoration the purity, innocence and joy of Our Lord.  O mystery of mysteries... The Word became Flesh, and dwelt among us!

Merry Christmas!  I can't wait to share of our adventures in cold, snow-filled (hopefully) Indiana!

1 comment:

  1. Mary also probably wished that He stayed a baby a lot longer. Can you imagine the incredible sweetness of baby Jesus!? Evie is the same way, if she's with me! She's developed such stranger danger :/ This year I am amazed at the elderly's response to children. God is really opening my heart to this group of people and I've realized that we need to visit nursing homes more often! You should see them with babies and small children. It's really a work of mercy to visit them!

    ReplyDelete