Monday, October 25, 2010

2nd Trimester = Energy = Yummy cooking

I am finally getting some energy to be able to have fun cooking new recipes, which is truly a love of mine.  It also helps that we've had fall break at school and I had a 4 day weekend to rest up.  Tonight I tried out Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Spinach and cheese Stuffed ravioli.  Finally a home cooked meal that I could stomach and eat a full serving.  For about 6 weeks in the beginning, I was disgusted by anything I cooked, but if we went out to eat, well food was great!  There was probably a two week stretch there where my amazing husband planned dinners, did the grocery shopping, and all the cooking because I was so dang tired!  Dinner was just great tonight, I even got to set the table to look so formal, even using napkin rings!  I was elated to serve my man such a great meal!!  Yay!

From the husband- I have to say that tonight was no ordinary night.  Usually both of us lounge around the house when we get home from work because of "tirdeness".  Because we like to plan out our meals, I am inclined to ask the wifey what's for dinner. When I came home, instead of lounging around, we prayed together and then headed outside to battle our wild yard.  Because of this I did not ask her what was for dinner and so when she called me in from the grueling fight I was suprised at the quality dinner she had prepared for the vicotry feast.  But what struck me the most tonight was the love that was put into this meal.  The room was spotless, the table elegantly set, and the dinner looked esquisite.  In all seriousness, she put much effort into this simple meal and it made all the work I did worth it.  It was the culmination of a great day of events, when we are able to eat and share our days with each other.  This meal was not to simply "re-fuel", but one to eat, talk, laugh, enjoy each other's company, and grow in our relationship together.  The moral of the post: Let's do everything out of love for each other, because it is in giving where we receive.  I thank my wife for showing me this!  Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I am not a crazy stalker but I was blog hopping from one of my friends here in Cincy and I happened to hop onto yours and I just had to say CONGRATS! Parenthood is wonderful! Our little Thérèse Marie just turned one last week. Three words: Soak it up. It goes so fast!

    God bless your little family!

    Katie Bursa (de St. Aubin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it, sorry about the confusion of being logged into Brad's account above!

    ReplyDelete