Friday, October 29, 2010

Excited to start showing...

So, tomorrow I will be officially 14 weeks pregnant and I personally don't think I am showing yet, but I find myself really wishing I would start!!  If people think I am "showing" it is probably due to being bloated, honestly.  Or sometimes, I know I can stick out my belly (which wasn't very flat before pregnancy, might I add) and make myself seem as if I am finally presenting a baby "bump".  Why am I so eager to start showing?!  Because this little life inside of me is the absolute biggest blessing, most biggest, grandest miracle to ever happen to my husband and me!  I want to shout from the rooftops the goodness of the Lord!  The rooftop being a growing belly, of course ;)

And another thing.  This child is so special and unique already.  I sit and pray or ponder about the life this child will lead. The prayer/thought I often find myself thinking is how much love I want to shower this child with, so that ultimately, Attila and I may raise a confident Christian person, who is on their way to meeting Our Father.  Eternity is waiting for this precious soul! 

A growing belly, in my heart, is a sign of the mystery stirring within my womb; a sign that leads me and my husband to contemplate and experience Love. A growing pregnant belly is, in so many ways, sacramental.

2 comments:

  1. Just wait until you feel that little kick! I just felt it for sure the other night. YAY!! And as far as showing goes, take whatever belly you had, plus bloating, and claim it as your baby bump. That's the best part of pregnancy, your chub is now all baby ;)I'm showing a lot, especially in the evening, but mine is #6. I'd like to NOT show for a little longer :) I'm glad you're enjoying this! We need to find time to talk, in person or on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!!! Alycia I LOVE this blog!!! So beautiful! Nate and I are so excited for you guys and are keeping you both in our prayers! We love you!

    ReplyDelete