Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Gentle Child

Christmas is almost here, Allelulia!  I've been on break from work...yes the joy of working in the school system.  It is such a God-send, too.  Since Monday, I've had very restful, yet productive, and prayer-filled days.  I told myself at the beginning of the week that I am going to take one day at a time and not get any big expectations of what to accomplish.  How great life is without looming expectations!  It's Thursday and all our shopping is done and presents are wrapped.  I cooked a great dinner on Tuesday and have good leftovers all week, which cuts down on things to do, too.  Every little thing I've done, whether wrapping or some sort of craft, I've made sure to clean up the mess right away and put things back in their place.  That way I wasn't flooded with mini projects all around the house (which is what I used to do in high school and college at home, my poor mother hated it).  I've had many conversations with the Lord and meditated on Scripture.  I'm so thankful I got this time because tomorrow we're headed to South Bend and BAM, it will be go, go, go.  I'm really hoping and praying that this week of rest and prayer is a good foundation for the busyness that lies ahead at home, that I can continue to keep the Lord's peace in my heart.  There is always an inner battle going on within me between pleasing others and pleasing God (not just during Christmas season, either) and sometimes that can bring anxiety to my heart.  I really have to just "let go" of so many things so I can be more present with God and with our loved ones. 

I'm relying on God so much for this and I thank Him for reminding me of my need for Him.  I can't solve every problem and I can't bring any joy to our family if I'm always so worried!  I need His grace and healing and I have hope and trust that He will come into my heart as a gentle Child so that I may experience His love and give love back to him and our families.  Just as He comes to us as a child, I go to him as his daughter, with confidence in his faithfulness.  I'm so excited to recieve Him this Christmas!  I really truly pray these same things for you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having a restful break! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete