Thursday, December 9, 2010

So in love!

Our first anniversary is coming up on Sunday!  It looks like we may be a bit snowed in, and I am ok with that!  Since Christmas is so close, we're not getting eachother gifts.  I think gifts on our anniversary will be a bit rare, but very special thing.  I'm really surprised at how my mindset is toward our anniversary.  In the past, especially before we were married, I put so much emphasis on holidays and anniversaries and expected so much from Attila.  I wanted the "romance"; the bouquets of flowers and thoughtful gifts and expensive dinner dates.  And that's not in my husband's nature to be like that.  His way of showing love was different then my many high expectations of him.  He sure did try, though, and I have a super sweet collection of letters, cute cards, and some even sweeter poems ; )  With this first anniversary approaching, there aren't many expectations on my part like that.  I'm so content and satisfied with the thought of a homemade dinner at home while sharing memories and probably looking through our wedding pics.  The beauty of marriage.  Before getting married, there was never a formal commitment from Attila that he would love me forever, so my idea of "romance" was a reflection of my insecurity in our relationship.  I needed something tangible to know that he loved me and to know that everything would be ok.  Of course pretty much all humans have that need, but outside of marriage, without the sacrament and the vows and the total gift of self, it can never be fulfilling.  Even when Attila would try his best to be romantic, I was still insecure about things.  

The most romantic thing Attila has ever done was say those vows to me and back them up with giving himself to me completely.  And nothing could ever top that gift that I have given him, either.  Add to that, our love has born fruit, and we helped create another person; a complete manifestation of our love for eachother.  Our love will one day be running and giggling around our house and we will hear its pitter patter in the flesh!  My beloved is mine to have and to hold forever.  I confidently say, with ALL SECURITY IN THE WORLD (thanks to the grace of God) that I love him and he loves me and our love will never be broken. 

I praise God WITH MY WHOLE HEART for calling me to the wonderful life of marriage and all the ways that Our Lord uses it to shower me with love, security, and fulfillment. 

2 comments:

  1. Alycia, it is so wonderful and encouraging to read this post, having seen you and T's relationship grow from afar, and remembering hearing you talk at Ladies in Waiting way back in the day. Your mindset is so beautiful and refined, it's clear that the Lord has blessed you both and helped you grow together. Happy anniversary! :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriage is such a blessing! It's wonderful to hear that you're doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete