Friday, December 3, 2010

Hope, hope, and more hope!

It has been TOO long since I posted, unfortunately.  I will chalk it up to Thanksgiving.  We went home to South Bend for about 5 days, and it was great!  We hadn't seen our family for about 2 months and it was so good to catch up.  Going home always makes me want to move back there asap.  It's comfortable and what we know, but the Lord is calling us to something different.  This little town of Frankfort is home to us now, though, and it was nice to come back here, too.  We have made a little home for ourselves. 

Thanksgiving night, there we were, talking with Attila's dad and just relaxing and I was so blessed to feel the baby move some more.  And since then, this baby is moving so much more!  For awhile I had been asking the Lord for this little sign of life to be more prominent, and I'm so overjoyed to experience it now.  The beginning of pregnancy is such a mystery, like "is there really a little person in there growing and moving?"  Yes, I'm gaining weight, getting sick, and super tired, but is this really happening?  And now I feel these movements, its beyond words!  All through out the day I feel our baby moving.  There really is a baby in there, and in less then two weeks we get to see it with our own eyes on an ultrasound.  I am so thankful and amazed at the Lord's kindness to us. 

Before Thanksgiving, Attila and I had a night at home where we just chatted and chatted about what it will be like to be parents, and we really fostered this dream we have for our family.  Sometimes thinking about being a parent can be frightening, but that night, we both helped eachother see the excitement in it.  And its so much more then buying cute things for our kids and thinking about their cute little personalities that will come about.  Those add to the excitement, but it's really about a vision we have for our family.  It's about all of us becoming more ourselves, if that makes any sense.  Its about hope; hope that we CAN do this, by the grace of God.  Hope that we really can have a joyous life despite all we see around us in this world.  And hope that we can raise children who will have a joyous, fulfilled life, not defined by their material surrounding.  There is so much hope, hope, and more hope, which I am sure is a grace of the Advent season ;)

This week we also started decorating for the Advent/Christmas season.  About four years ago, I think, during Advent, I followed a devotional that led me through readings from the Old Testament which forshadowed the coming of Christ.  These stories were exciting to me and in the people of the stories, I saw glimpses of Christ, Mary, and Joseph, and my love for this season of Advent grew so deep.  In Advent we remember our salvation history and look for the completion of it.  I want to carry this on to our children, so we are focusing on Advent a bit more.  My brother and sister in law have an "Advent tree" which is decorated with purple ornaments.  Now we have one, and we added pink ornaments! When the official season of Christmas comes, we will change the ornaments to white and red and green.  I can't wait to share this with our kids! 

Wishing you all a hope-filled Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment