Thursday, January 27, 2011

Growing pains

We have our first childbirth prep class this Saturday, I am so excited! It's going to make things so much more "real", I hope!  I'm getting really anxious for this baby to get here, especially as my body is going through such drastic changes.  I just read on a website the other day that some moms can experience a type of depression during their pregnancy.  I can relate at times.  I will be honest that its not always easy to be joyful during pregnancy, especially when you get a quick glimpse in the mirror of what you now look like.  I've never put on this much weight in so little a time and I feel the past month I haven't been the best at minding how much I eat or the healthiness of what I'm eating and now all of the sudden I feel poopy.  And I've also been experiencing some really crazy growing pains!  Its getting harder and harder to be comfortable at night when I'm trying to sleep, and I often feel like my bladder is going to fall out when I walk! 

But as I was making one of my many trips to the bathroom (and yes, sitting on the toilet) I realized that this is all happening in order that another human person may be brought into this world.  I don't always automatically remember that in times of discomfort and low self-esteem. 

Amidst some of the discomfort, there are times of great joy, too.  These are mostly when this baby is moving around so much.  I just have to laugh out loud sometimes with joy!  The movements are getting so big and strong, I can feel it my butt!  Gotta be honest, I just have to laugh at this sensation!  Another moment of joy and laughter was when I was watching my good friends two little boys after school.  I said, "Guys, the babys kicking, wanna feel?  And the cute little first grader innocently put his hand on my chest instead of my belly and said "Here?".  Then as we watched some PBS show, he just sat there with his hand on my belly, so nonchalantly.  He kept asking "How does the baby get in there?  Little girls don't have bellies with babies, how do big girls get them?" and I would say "You have to be married and love your husband and wife so much" and he just couldn't take that answer.  Not being his parent, I had to leave it at that :)  So cute and innocent, little boys must be so fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment