Friday, July 1, 2011

On the road again...

This week has been the first week where I felt like we were really on a do-able routine.  Bed time everynight at the same time, wake-up routine the same everyday, walks outside everyday at the same time, etc.  Last weekend was a particularly hard weekend for James (he had many bouts of inconsolable crying).  This week, I tried some new tactics to calming him and it was a good week, if I should say so myself. 

We're going to South Bend for the Fourth of July weekend.  Now, I feel like the classic Mom, who dreads a trip because of the fact that it is going to disrupt this routine and possibly throw my child back into disorganization and chaos.  Don't get me wrong, I am excited about seeing family and friends, but I hope its not all too hard on my little boy.  Since he is more awake these days, his naptimes are that more important and I'm a little worried about him getting passed around so much that he won't be able to get good rest in.  Since we dont see family and friends as often as we (and they) would like, everyone always wants to play and hold him.  I'm going to be honest, pull out the "first time Mom" card, and if he is sleeping, insist he stays in one spot or with one person until he is rested.  Any advice for me?  Should I not worry so much and just roll with the punches?  Of course, and by the end of the weekend, I'm sure I'll be thinking, "What was I so worried about?"

Happy Fourth of July everyone.  May God bless our country and shower us with the grace that we need to live in dignity and truth. 

2 comments:

  1. I think people learned pretty quickly that I hold on to my babies (it helps that they like only me to hold them for the most part!). It seemed kind of hard for some people to accept, but they eventually got over it. Do what you can to be accommodating, but make sure James doesn't suffer as a result. :) I hope we get a chance to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sooo good to see you guys this weekend!!! I wish we lived closer so we could have frequent play dates! :)

    ReplyDelete