Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Proud baby keep on rolling...

We had a good weekend.  James had a hard day Friday night when we went to a friend's house and then again Monday at Attila's parents.  Monday morning was very rough on him so we decided to stay put and not try to go to see some more friends and family.  It was hard for me to know that we weren't going to see certain people, but it was best for our son.  Sunday was the best day.  We went to the mall, where he fell asleep in Dad's arms and then to a friends house, where he did really well.  He was quite social, really!

Tuesday morning we drove back home and settled in at home for the day.  It was a big day for Attila James!  He had a very messy diaper and peed on himself when I was changing it, so we took a bath.  When the bath was done, of course he peed on himself again.  At lunch, Dad came home and we decided to have tummy time.  See, he really hates tummy time so I've been forcing us to do it so he gets more used to it.  Over the weekend when we tried it, he did really well and held his head up really high.  This particular tummy time he rolled over!  It brought tears to my eyes, hehe :)  It is so neat to see him develop and get to new milestones.  Today (Wednesday) we noticed how much he was watching us eat lunch, and we even watched as he mimicked chewing.  Yikes, I was thinking it may be awhile before we start solids, but he may be ready in a couple months.  We'll see!  We also watched him focus on deliberatlely moving his leg up to kick my knee.  He's the coolest kid, ever!

I feel like we're in a strange limbo period.  James loves to be awake and play, but there comes a point when all of the sudden, his mood changes and he's crabby and super tired.  I just don't know how to prevent these sudden outbursts that are evidently him overstimulated and tired.  I really don't know how I feel about putting him on a "schedule" where I try to get him to nap at specific times during the day.  I think he's too young for that and that it would be exhausting to almost "sleep train" him.  We've just started getting in the routine of bedtime at the same time every night and wake up for the day every day at roughly the same time.  Some days he seems to need more sleep; other days not so much.  It's a waiting game and a balance game, I guess! 

And today, there was no rolling over at tummy time :(  But the day is not over and I know it may be awhile before he does it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment