Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So many clothes!

This week is a week of denial and stretching.  Let me explain:

My son is/has grown out of 0-3 months sized clothes.  But I am too lazy to switch them out for the next size up.  Part of this is because we don't have anything to put the old clothes in and partly because I don't want to wash and fold and put away all the 3-6 months clothes.  So I am stretching how long he can really last in 0-3 months.

He also has soooo many clothes, many which are cute and were given as gifts and probably haven't been worn much so I feel the need to make sure he wears everything atleast once.  Some days, I put on a cute outfit, only for him to spit up/pee/poop all over it before we can take a pic or get out in public for people to see.   Then I think, "Why do people pay good money on new clothes for babies that are cute and what not when the child could care less?"  By the generosity of others, we haven't bought many clothes ourselves and when we do, we go to Goodwill or Once Upon a Child. 

I sometimes think that our next baby should be a boy so we don't have to buy new clothes for a girl, haha!  But our family would buy us clothes for a girl, I;m sure.  I can't even imagine how many clothes we would collect if we had a girl and how much more I will try to put her in all the cute clothes.   

This whole week has been pretty laid back.  I've atleast managed to cook dinner everyday and do the dishes.  When I do the dishes, I put James in his highchair, pull him next to the sink, and talk to him about things.  He just laughs and smiles.  I think he likes the sound of the running water.  Maybe he likes to hear me talk ;)  He also loved watching me bake a pie on Monday.  It was my first pie - strawberry and raspberry.  Yum yum! 

I also need to go to the store today, but baby is sleeping and I'm watching soccer :)  Maybe later...

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya about the clothes! Anthony had so many newborn things he didn't get to wear because he was so big, and just as many 0-3 mos. Things he quickly outgrew already, and yet I still can't resist buying cute baby clothes on sale...Ive been justifying this newfound obsession by buying the next size up, and thinking about how they can be reused for many kids down the rode...but this is definitely my guilty pleasure... :(

    ReplyDelete